November 7, 2016
ENGINE EXHAUST HEAT RECOVERY SILENCERS FOR STEAM SERVICE
MIRATECH®, a Tulsa, Oklahoma, based leader in providing environmentally sound emission solutions for users of industrial engines has acquired intellectual property of Vaporphase, a leading supplier of heat recovery systems for reciprocating engines in North America.
“The addition of Vaporphase heat recovery capabilities will effectively round out our exhaust system product offering. This will improve our position in the growing market segment of Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants which act to reduce the carbon footprint over traditional engine installations,” said Dean Glover, MIRATECH CEO.
He also added, “Over 3,000 Vaporphase units have been produced over their 75 year history, this deep installed base and focus on high quality makes them a perfect addition to the MIRATECH family of products.”
The Vaporphase product line includes both hot water and steam production systems, in both horizontal and vertical applications and has proven applications on numerous brands of engines fueled by diesel, gas and synthetic fuels.
Warner Bauer, former President of Vaporphase and retained consultant to MIRATECH commented: “Becoming part of the MIRATECH family is a very positive milestone in the long history of Vaporphase; we are excited to integrate our product line into the MIRATECH sales channels both domestically and internationally.”
There is a difference in waste heat recovery systems
One of the most important elements of a combined heat and power installation is the waste heat recovery system. This system must FIRST provide positive engine cooling and SECOND obtain maximum economical heat recovery while insuring reliability and longevity of equipment.
Vaporphase units are modeled after traditional fire-tube boilers and offer much longer life and reliability compared to other systems utilizing economizer-style designs. Vaporphase units can stand up to the vibration and exhaust gas pulsations typical of reciprocating engines for many years of reliable service.
ECXS –EXHAUST HEAT RECOVERY SILENCER FOR STEAM SERVICE
- The ECXS series features bare fire tube construction with access covers or manways at each end to facilitate access to the tube bundle for ease of cleaning and maintenance.
- The ECXS series is used for steam generation and is available for 20, 50,150 and 250 PSIG design pressures.
- Integral Steam separation eliminates the inconvenience of finding space and the cost of piping to an external separator.
- The three chambered gas side design provides high quality engine silencing.
- The ECXS series is available with internal manual or automatic exhaust gas bypass valves to trim the steam output during periods of low steam demand.
- The ECXS series is available in either vertical or horizontal configuration with various exhaust sizes and nozzle arrangements for ease of installation.
ECXW –EXHAUST HEAT RECOVERY SILENCER FOR HOT WATER SERVICE
- The ECXW series features bare fire tube construction with access covers or manways at each end to facilitate access to the tube bundle for ease of cleaning and maintenance.
- The ECXW series is used for hot water generation and is rated for 100 PSIG design pressures.
- The ECXW series is offered with optional blanket type insulation, which flexes with the thermal expansion and contraction of the unit and an aluminum jacket to protect the blanket insulation.
- The ECXW series is available with internal manual or automatic exhaust gas bypass valves to trim the steam output during periods of low steam demand.
- Tubes are rolled in low pressure steam applications and welded on high pressure installations. In either case an individual tube can be removed and replaced.