September 1, 2014
MIRATECH’s new Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) is now CARB Level 3 Plus Verified. The best in class LTR regenerates at temperatures as low as 500°F/260°C.
HOW IT WORKS
The LTR system has a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) built into the front of the filter housing that reduces the engine exhaust emissions such as CO, HC, VOC, and HAP before it enters the diesel particulate filter (DPF). From there, the DPF is designed to capture a minimum of 85% and up to 97% of particulate matter (PM or soot). The catalyst then oxidizes the PM based on the energy in the exhaust. This passive regeneration system does not require any additional power or other inputs. For most engines, it will be possible to regenerate the MIRATECH LTR DPF at engine loads above 30 percent of rated nameplate loads with properly insulated exhaust ducts.
MIRATECH’s passive DPF technology uses porous, wall-flow filters field-proven to be thermally and mechanically durable in engine operation. The filters are made up of an array of DPF blocks consisting of porous, catalyzed mullite substrate. This technology includes high specific surface area, and higher open porosity, which mean better filtration efficiency without a pressure drop penalty.
The LTR modular DPF filters are stackable to tailor PM reduction capacity to an engine’s specific needs. MIRATECH’s filter construction also affords much greater soot trapping and “storage” capacity than other filters while staying within the backpressure limits of the engine.
WHY MIRATECH’S DPF?
- Based on your specific application and operating requirements, MIRATECH applies its technological know-how to design a system that best meets your needs
- The LTR is a CARB Level 3 Plus Verified DPF solution for stationary emergency standby power generators
- The LTR system is compatible with Tier 1, 2, or 3 engines with certified PM emissions that are less than 0.22 g/bhp-hr
- Designed to fit on engines with power outputs from 37 kW to 4 MW
- Designed for maximum reduction of particulate matter (PM) from engine exhaust – up to 97%
- Compliance Assured: PM10 or PM2.5 Reduction
- Reduces Smoke & Odor
- With the LTR system, most engines will be able to regenerate the DPF elements at engine loads above 30% of rated load using properly insulated exhaust ducts
- No Required NO/NO2 or NOx/PM Ratios
- The LTR’s emissions test results have shown a 55% reduction of NO2 emissions across the weighted 5-mode test cycle
- Easy Installation, Operation & Maintenance
- Long Maintenance Intervals
- Provides noise reduction, eliminating the need for a separate silencer in most applications
- Custom-Engineered Sound Attenuation Solutions Available