June 1, 2013
- May 3, 2013: Under NESHAP subpart ZZZZ, existing compression ignition (CI) RICE engines less than or equal to 500 HP and existing non-emergency CI RICE greater than 500 HP at major sources were to be in compliance with the 2010 updates finalized 30 January 2013 by 3 May 2013.
- October 15, 2013: Any area source under NESHAP Subpart HH that has actual emissions greater than 5 tons per year (tpy) of any single Hazardous Air Pollutant (HAP) or 12.5 tpy of total HAP, must update its major source determination using gas analysis collected within the last 12 months. This determination must be updated annually thereafter.
- March 31, 2014: Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission reports under Subpart W (Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems) of the GHG mandatory reporting rule are due 31 March 2014.
- October 19, 2013: Under NESHAP Subpart ZZZZ, existing spark ignition (SI) RICE less than or equal to 500 HP at major sources, and all existing SI RICE at area sources must be in compliance with the 2010 updates finalized 30 January 2013 by 19 October 2013.
- October 15, 2015: The recently changed NESHAP Subpart HH or HHH could result in facilities that were previously determined to be area sources now becoming major sources. For any source that is now a major source due to the NESHAP Subpart HH or HHH changes, compliance with major source standards must be achieved by 15 October 2015. In addition, such facilities must submit a Title V application by 15 October 2015.
What this means to you
A variety of recently promulgated federal NESHAP and GHG deadlines for owners of RICE engines used in oil and gas operations will require catalysts.
MIRATECH can help
Contact MIRATECH to discuss compliance options for deadlines impacting your oil and gas operating engines.