May 14, 2014
MIRATECH’s new Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) is now CARB Level 3 Plus Conditionally Verified. The LTR System offers stationary diesel engine owners/operators a single housing assembly that is optimized for the Low Temperature Regeneration and integrated silencing. LTR System offers stationary diesel engine owners/operators a single housing assembly that is optimized for the Low Temperature Regeneration and integrated silencing. The best in class LTR regenerates at temperatures as low as 500°F/260°F.
HOW IT WORKS
The LTR system has an oxidation catalyst (DOC) built into the front of the filter housing that reduces the engine exhaust emissions such as CO, HC, VOC, and HAP before it enters the particulate filter (DPF). From there, the DPF is designed to capture a minimum of 85% and up to 97% of particulate matter (PM or soot). The catalyst then oxidizes the PM based on the energy in the exhaust. This passive regeneration system does not require any additional power or other inputs. For most engines, it will be possible to regenerate the MIRATECH LTR DPF elements at engine load above 30 percent with properly insulated exhaust ducts.
MIRATECH’s passive DPF technology uses porous, wall-flow filters field-proven to be thermally and mechanically durable in engine operation. The filters are made up of an array of DPF blocks consisting of porous, catalyzed mullite substrate. This technology includes high specific surface area, and higher open porosity, which mean better filtration efficiency without a pressure drop penalty.
The LTR modular DPF filters are stackable to tailor PM reduction capacity to an engine’s specific needs. MIRATECH’s filter construction also affords much greater soot trapping and “storage” capacity than other filters while staying within the backpressure limits of the engine.
WHY MIRATECH’S DPF?
- Based on your specific application and operating requirements, MIRATECH applies its technological know-how to design a system that best meets your needs
- The LTR is a CARB Level 3 Plus Verified DPF solution for diesel engine emergency, standby, and prime power generators
- The LTR system can go on Tier 1, 2, or 3 engines with certified PM emissions that are less than 0.2 g/bhp-hr
- Designed to fit on engines with power outputs from 100 kW to 4 MW
- Designed for maximum reduction of particulate matter (PM) from engine exhaust – up to 97%
- Compliance Assured: PM10 or PM2.5 Reduction
- Reduces Smoke & Odor
- With the LTR system, most engines will be able to regenerate the DPF elements at engine load above 30% using properly insulated exhaust ducts
- No Required NO/NO2 or NOx/PM Ratios
- Easy Installation, Operation & Maintenance
- Long Maintenance Intervals
- Provides ~ 25-30 dBA noise reduction, eliminating the need for a separate silencer in most applications
- Custom-Engineered Sound Attenuation Solutions Available