December 22, 2018
On December 14, 2019 the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality announced it is extending its deadline for submission of applications under the New Technology Implementation Grant (NTIG) program from Friday, December 14, 2018, to 5:00pm, Monday, January 14, 2019.
Up to $3.6 million dollars in grants are available for projects that reduce air pollutants from facilities and other stationary sources in Texas. Eligible individuals or businesses must own and operate, or intend to build, own, and operate stationary sources in Texas.
Eligible project categories include:
- New Technology (Stationary Sources): Projects that reduce emissions of regulated pollutants from stationary sources. Regulated pollutants include, but are not limited to:
- criteria pollutants;
- hazardous air pollutants (HAPs);
- any other pollutants regulated under the Federal Clean Air Act; and
- any other pollutants subject to requirements under TCEQ rules, regulations, permits, orders of the commission, or court orders.
- New Technology (Oil and Gas): Projects that reduce emissions from upstream and midstream oil and gas production, completions, gathering, storage, processing, and transmission activities through:
- replacement, repower or retrofit of stationary compressor engines;
- installation of systems to reduce or eliminate loss of gas, flaring of gas, or burning of gas using other combustion-control devices or installation; a
- systems to reduce flaring and other site emissions by capturing waste heat to generate electricity solely for on-site services.
Helpful Web links include:
- Program Overview
- FY 2019 NTIG Workshop Presentation
- How do I know if I’m eligible for a grant
- How to apply
What this means to you
Texas has extended its deadline to 1/14/19 to apply for new technology implementation grants. Up to $3.6 million is available for projects that reduce emissions of regulated pollutants from stationary sources as well as projects that reduce emissions from upstream and midstream oil and gas production, completions, gathering, storage, processing, and transmission activities.
MIRATECH can help
Contact MIRATECH for help achieving stationary engine emission compliance control.